The Candida diet is a diet meant to rid your body of the overgrowth of Candida albicans – also called Candida yeast – which you are experiencing if you have a yeast male infection. This diet also will make you feel much better in general. This is because the Candida diet is an extremely healthy diet which eliminates many processed and otherwise unhealthy foods from an everyday diet.
The Candida Diet
So what is this diet? It’s strict and healthy and includes some drinks to detox your system as well as a liver flush. It also includes lots of fresh water. The Candida diet should include probiotics such as yogurt, sauerkraut, or the Korean kimchi.
Think about your everyday diet. It’s probably full of food additives, growth hormones in the meat you eat, chemicals on fruits and vegetables, and other chemicals in the fish harvested from the ocean. Cutting out as many toxins as you can from your diet is the beginning of a good Candida diet, or Candida cleanse.
- Start by buying organic fruits and vegetables and hormone free meats if you can afford it.
- Eat salads and steamed vegetables. Don’t fry vegetables. You don’t need the fat. Don’t boil vegetables. Boiling vegetables causes more vitamins and minerals to end up in the water than in you.
- Drink a detox drink twice a day. Drink one big glass full each time.
- Do a liver flush in the evening. Drink one big glass full.
- Continue on the Candida diet for at least a week, and preferably two weeks.
- Don’t eat starchy vegetables. These include potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, peas, and winter squash. Carbohydrate foods like breads, cakes, cookies, candies, and the like should also be eliminated from the diet. These foods all turn into sugar in your system and promote the growth of yeast.
The best time to do the detox drink is when you get up in the morning before you eat, in the afternoon at least an hour after lunch and an hour before dinner, and a couple of hours before you go to bed. The drink does best on an empty stomach so don’t eat for an hour or so before and after each detox drink.
Probiotics are important because they keep the number of healthy bacteria in your system high and keep your system at a healthy balance. This is good for digestion as well as for keeping your immune system in good shape. Once you have an overgrowth of Candida, or yeast, your system is off kilter. Probiotics can help to restore balance to your system by slowing down the growth of yeast and encouraging the growth of good bacteria.
Foods that contain probiotics are yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi, and other fermented foods. Unsweetened Yogurt is the most popular probiotic for eliminating Candida albicans. It can be used as a topical ointment on yeast infection sites as well as eaten to improve the balance in your system.
When buying sauerkraut or kimchi, both cabbage products, try to buy unpasteurized products or make both at home. Pasteurization kills millions of good bacteria so unpasteurized fermented products are better for you.
The Candida diet is not only an excellent way to get rid of much of the yeast in your system but is also a healthy diet and is good for your immune system. If you suffer from a yeast male infection, try the Candida diet. It’s simple, it’s effective, and it’s good for you!