Men who are suffering from a yeast male infection, especially men who have had them before, and are quite sure that this is what’s bothering them, might want to consider trying some home remedies before seeing a doctor. Before applying some of the home remedies to the whole area, try applying to a small part of the area to make sure the remedy isn’t irritating.
DIY remedies for Yeast Infections
Remedies that cure male yeast infections include:
- Yogurt. Yogurt is good as a remedy both eaten and applied to the area which is infected. It’s full of lactobacillus acidophilus, which is considered to be a “good bacteria.” Eat a cup to two of yogurt per day for a week as soon as symptoms of a yeast infection are noticed. It doesn’t matter what kind of yogurt it is or how it’s flavored, as long as it says “live culture” on the yogurt’s container and doesn’t contain sugar. Plain yogurt can also be applied as a kind of salve to the affected area.
- Acidophilus. This is a good substitute for yogurt. Natural food stores carry it in capsules, tablets, and liquids so that acidophilus may be a more pleasant application to the site of the infection than yogurt.
- Garlic. Garlic is known to kill bacteria and fungus. It can be eaten and/or applied to the affected area. Fresh garlic is better than the bottled kind and a clove or two should be eaten once or twice a day. If you don’t like garlic you can take garlic capsules or garlic tablets. To apply directly, a cut clove of garlic can be rubbed onto the skin or a few garlic capsules can be pierced and rubbed into the skin. Minced garlic or the liquid from garlic capsules can also be mixed with KY jelly and applied.
- Apple Cider or White Vinegar. Dilute vinegar with water and apply gingerly in case it stings. It may help to restore the natural pH of the skin and keep the yeast from growing. Even better, take a bath in warm water into which you’ve poured some vinegar.
- Coconut oil. Apply coconut oil to the affected area.
- Tea Tree Oil. Tea tree oil can be heavily diluted with water and applied to the infected area. It can be irritating so don’t apply it without diluting it. It can also be mixed with KY jelly.
- Other Herbs. Licorice, chamomile, black walnut, and Goldenseal, are all considered to be antifungal. They may be ingested or used as a salve.
Yeast male infection is an unpleasant condition. Try the remedies above, but if they don’t work, be sure to go and see your doctor.