Home Remedies for Yeast Male Infection
Yeast male infection can be miserable! No matter where the yeast, Candida albicans decides to land, a yeast infection is no fun. But a penile yeast infection is not only uncomfortably itchy and burning, it’s also embarrassing. No matter how itchy it gets “down there,” scratching in public is NOT an option.
Some men get repeated yeast infections and must work at getting rid of the causes and learn how to deal with repeat occurrences. However, if a yeast infection is a very occasional thing, or you think that you have one but would like to try a home remedy before seeing a doctor, here are some ways to rid yourself of the overabundance of yeast which are giving you a genital yeast infection. The top two home remedies are:
1) Yogurt can be an extremely effective home remedy, especially if your yeast infection is caused by the use of antibiotics. Antibiotics are effective at killing off both good and bad bacteria. When good bacteria are not present, yeast can really take hold. Yogurt contains a good bacterial called lactobacillus acidophilus which kills off yeast and keeps it from growing back. Yogurt should be eaten and smeared on the genital area. Always use sugarless yogurt. Yeast loves sugar! Acidophilus pills also work if you don’t like yogurt or can’t tolerate lactose.
2) Garlic has anti-fungal properties which will help sufferers rid themselves of yeast overgrowth. Men suffering from genital yeast infections should eat a clove of garlic, or two, each day as well as crushing a clove and rubbing the juice on the genital area. Garlic can be minced up fine, swallowed, and then followed with a glass of juice. If garlic is so unpalatable to you that you just can’t stomach eating a clove of garlic, try a garlic supplement. You can buy them in grocery and health food stores.
There are several other popular home remedies that are frequently used to get rid of the occasional yeast infection in men.
3) Coconut Oil kills yeast cells. This is another home remedy which can be topically applied as well as eaten. Drinking coconut milk every day is a pleasant way to help put the “kibosh” on the yeast problem.
4) Aloe Vera Gel is a good topical treatment for penile yeast infections. Just rub some on. It’s a natural anti-fungal.
5) Cider vinegar in bathwater is a good backup plan to any of the other home remedies mentioned. Just add a cup or so to a warm bath.
Using remedies such as those above is an excellent way to cure the occasional yeast male infection. If you’re one of those men who gets frequent yeast infections, or find that the home remedies above are ineffective, you need to find out more about a permanent cure.